We work to improve food security for UMBC through several services including:
- The Essential Space, located in RAC 235, is our free store with perishable and non-perishable food, toiletries, and baby items.
- Our Free Corner Stores are available 24/7 and offer a limited selection of food and toiletries.
- Food Zones throughout campus provide students an easy and private way to pick up pre-packed food bags
- Our Save-A-Swipe program allows students to donate meals from their meal plan to others in our community
- We hold Free Food Pop-up Markets weekly during the Spring and Fall semesters where UMBC community members can stock up on dry goods and recovered produce.
- Our research about food and housing insecurity at UMBC informs our programs.