Please make checks payable to the UMBC Foundation and note “Retriever Essentials” in the memo line. Mail checks to UMBC Foundation, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250.
Alternatively, you may make a secure credit card donation through the university’s giving site: http://support.umbc.edu. Note “Retriever Essentials” in the Other Designation field.
All contributions are administered by the UMBC Foundation for the benefit of UMBC.
Additionally, you can stop by the Bookstore and donate to our scholarship fund, which allows us to support students on a case by case emergency basis.
We are always in need of the following to restock our pantry. Nonperishable (canned and boxed) items only:
- Canned Vegetables: carrots, green beans, peas, potatoes (please no corn)
- Healthy cereals: plain oatmeal, plain Cheerios and other healthy non-sugar sweetened cereals – please no Fruit Loops, Sugar Frosted Flakes or other unhealthy cereals
- Protein: canned tuna, canned beans, canned chili, peanut butter
- Canned fruits: canned fruit packed in its own juice or made with Splenda
- Starch: brown Rice, pasta, macaroni and cheese
- Miscellaneous: pasta sauce, soup (vegetarian especially), snacks (granola bars, individual servings of nuts), and baby products
Supplies: paper bags and canvas/reusable grocery bags
We collect toiletry items. If you or people in your office travel frequently, please consider asking your coworkers to bring unused hotel room toiletries to donate!
We are especially in need of canned items with pop top lids to address the issue of homeless students who don’t have easy access to a kitchen or a can opener.
Donations can be brought to our donation bins in front of Sherman 205, the Administration Building, the atrium of the AOK Library, and in the Commons lobby.